Thursday, January 3, 2013

resolution concept 2013



Not one for concrete goals, I have chosen my 2013 Resolution Concept. Here it is:

COMMUNITY

I want to find a way for our family to be involved with community volunteering (I'm thinking the local food pantry is a good place to check out), and I want to have more people over for dinners. (That hubby will cook.)

It has become crystal clear to me how important it is for children to be woven into the safety net of their communities, and that means adults committing to, engaging, and investing in their lives. I'm going to be intentional about doing that for the kiddos in my life. It's the only sensible thing to do, and I'm praying that my efforts to facilitate that for my own children will be fruitful.

See? Concept. I can handle that. No deadlines or checklists, hallelujah! I am free to craft as I see fit and as God leads me.

3 comments:

Ellen said...

I wish I could be part of your local community so you could be part of mine too. Good concept!

Debie Grace said...

Great concept for the kids! 2013 must be so great with so much community activities going on! Good luck :)

andrea said...

well, I love this. I absolutely love this.